How to best maintain your Invisalign retainer?
Simply use a soft toothbrush and toothpaste and brush them daily! Do not use denture cleaners or mouthwash for cleaning your aligners. We encourage you to brush and floss after each meal but if this is not convenient simply rinse your mouth and run the aligners under warm water before placing them back in! Invisalign aligners can stain so it’s best to take them out if you are drinking anything other than water and remember to always place them back in the case provided so it doesn’t get lost or damaged. Watch this short video to find out more tips about your invisalign treatment.
Aftercare to in chair ZOOM teeth whitening?
To optimise and prolong the optimal result of your whitening treatment, follow our tips and enjoy your pearly white teeth for longer!
- Avoid any dark colour liquids for food such as red wine, coffee, soy sauce, beetroot and cherries for a few weeks to prevent any staining. Your teeth are more porous straight after treatment. The best way to enjoy your coffee is through a draw so that it minimises contact to your teeth!
- Wearing lipstick right after treatment can potentially leave residues on your freshly whitened teeth causing staining. Be careful!
- Rinse mouth out after each meal to help remove any food particles from getting stuck on your teeth
- Maintain good oral hygiene. Brush and floss regularly
- No smoking- harmful chemicals can build up on the surface causing discolouration
- TOOTH MOUSE can be used twice a day if sensitivity occurs
- Regularly visit us so our dentist can perform check up and be on top of your dental care
- Most importantly, SMILE!
How to clean dentures?
The following tips will help you look after denture so they can be used for longer
- Remove denture and rinse them under lukewarm water after eating. Be mindful to place each denture on a soft towel and handle them with care
- Do not use force when cleaning as it can damage or bend your denture out of place
- Remove any denture adhesive on your gum and use a soft brush to brush your teeth, gum, cheeks, tongue and palate twice daily.
- Brush your denture daily. Soaking and gentle brushing with non-abrasive denture cleaner. These can be purchased at pharmacies.
- Soak your denture overnight to keep them moist
- Thoroughly rinse them before placing them back in mouth
- Regular check up at Preston Smiles. So that our dentist can check the fitting of your denture regularly, examine and clean it professionally if need
What are the different types of Invisalign treatment?
Invisalign Full is used for more complex cases and treatment duration generally ranges from 12-18 month but does vary depending on individuals. Our dentist will carefully map out your treatment plan and number of aligners accordingly.
Invisalign lite is used in minor alignment problem. Invisalign Lite uses a fixed number aligners and can provide express result in as little as 6 months.
The latest addition to the range of Invisalign service. It’s used for people requiring minor corrections. A total of 7 aligners is needed only and provides fast result.
Invisalign Teen option provides to 6 free replacement dental aligners in cases where they are lost or accidental damage. It has the addition of compliance indicator to tell how often the aligners are worn to improve compliance.
Speak to our certified Invisalign dentist to find out the best option for you or your family!